Running Facebook Ads is one of the most efficient ways to advertise online. In this guide, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Facebook advertising in 2021, with video tutorials to help you—from planning your very first Facebook ad to advanced marketing methods.
With over 2.7 billion monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2020, Facebook is the biggest social network worldwide ever. This means tremendous opportunities for your business.
Facebook for Business gives you the latest news, advertising tips, best practices, and case studies for using Facebook to meet your business goals.
As a beginner on Facebook, You need a Facebook Business Manager, a Facebook Ads Account before you start creating Facebook ads.
Facebook Ads Complete guide: How to Run Profitable Facebook Ads (2021)
How to Create and Setup a Facebook Business Manager
Facebook Business Manager accounts are easy to create make it very easy for you to get access to other Facebook ad accounts. Watch the video tutorial below to understand how to create one.
Create Facebook Business account easy here: https://business.facebook.com/overview
In a business account, you can add other people to your Facebook Pages, Facebook ad accounts, etc. and even partners to help you manage them.
Facebook has made a new update Facebook where they send you to the business suite instead of the Business Manager. The Business Suite includes tools like posting, messaging, insights, and advertising capabilities. From there, you can access the business manager.
How to Create One or Multiple Facebook Ads Accounts
Your next step is to create one or many Fb Ads accounts.
In the video tutorial, I share with you exactly How to Create A Facebook Ad Account easily! If you are going to be running Facebook ads for your store or product, you need to create a Facebook Ads account, and in this video, I show you exactly how to do it.
You need to set up your Facebook Ad account properly in order to not get disabled or banned.
After creating your ad account, if you want just access the Facebook Ad Manager, open the link: https://www.facebook.com/adsmanager/
The Different Types of Facebook ads
There are many types of Facebook Ads:
- Image ads
- Video ads
- Video poll ads
- Carousel ads
- Slideshow ads
- Collection ads
- Instant Experience ads
- Lead ads
- Dynamic ads
- Messenger ads
- Facebook Stories ads
- Stories augmented reality ads
- Playable Facebook ads
What are The Different Goals of a Facebook Campaign?
If you go to the Facebook Ads Manager and try to create a new Facebook ad campaign, the first choice you’ll have to make is selecting the campaign objective, so this is very important.
Here are the main business goals of a Facebook campaign:
- Brand awareness: that helps to introduce your brand to a new audience.
- Reach: the goal is to expose your FB ads to as many people in your audience as possible.
- Traffic: here you simply drive traffic to any blog post, web page, app, Facebook Messenger conversation, or shop.
- Engagement: it helps you reach a wide audience. With this, you can to increase the number of post engagements or Page Likes, increase the attendance at one of your events, or encourage people to claim a special offer (e.g., 20%OFF in the next 3 days).
- App installs: to get people to install your app.
- Video views: If you want more people to watch your videos, this is for you.
- Lead generation: Leads are crucial to the survival of your business this get new prospects into any sales funnel.
- Messages: to motivate people to reach out to your business using Facebook Messenger.
- Conversions: Get people to take a specific action on your website (e.g.,Add to Cart or Shop your product/service), with your app, or in Facebook Messenger.
- Catalog sales: Connect your Facebook ads to your product catalog to show people ads for the products they are most likely to want to buy.
- Store traffic: Drive nearby customers to come in person to any brick-and-mortar stores.
How to Run a Successful & Profitable Facebook Ads
OK, suppose you have properly set up your Facebook business manager and Ads account from the videos above, you are eager to run your first profitable Facebook Ads. The video tutorial below will exactly show you that using a very special tool called ConnectExplore, so watch until the end.
This tool made my FB ads so successful and reduced my CPC so much. And what is crazy to me is that not many people are using it.
Note that your audience for your ad is SUPER important and can be customized as follows:
- Location: either the country, state, city, zip code, or address, and refining even further with a 3-mile radius.
- Interests – Facebook looks at a person’s interests, activity, all the posts and pages they like, and related interests.
- Behaviors – Do you want people with purchase behavior and intent
- Devices they use and Internet Bandwith (e.g., mobile, WIFI)
- Connections – show to those who like your page already or to everyone.
How to Create and Setup a Facebook Pixel in the Business Manager
Facebook allows you to track online and offline conversions so you can understand the customer journey and increase the effectiveness of your ads that drive sales.
That is where a Facebook Pixel comes in. The Facebook pixel is a simple code that you place on your website header that collects customers’ data and helps you track their actions and conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket them.
You can also use this tracking information to build custom audiences of people who interact with your brand offline, so you can target them even more effectively with future ads.
In the video tutorial below, I show you step-by-step How to create and setup a Facebook pixel like a Pro in a few minutes.
The Facebook Ads Proven Process
1. Analyze Data and Create the Right Audiences
2. Nail your Copy and Creatives
- If ROAS (return on ad spend)> Breakeven -> Keep it running
- If ROAS = Breakeven (or oscillating around that point) – change a few stuff and rerun it
- If ROAS < Breakeven – Kill the ad, you are losing money.
After killing unprofitable ads and tweaking the „almost profitable“ ones, keep running the good ads.
- View Content in the last 7, 14, 30, and 60 days
- Add To Cart in the last 7, 14, 30, and 60 days
- Checkout Initiated in the last 7, 14, 30, and 60 days
And then for different new audiences, create a Lookalike Audience and serve each a different message.
So you will talk to different people in different stages of the funnel by the time they took the action on your website.
That gives you 6 different ads for 6 different stages of the funnel.
How to Create a Professional Facebook Business Page
If you just started a business or you are an existing business, a Facebook business page is an extremely powerful tool for more revenue. You connect the Facebook Page to your Business manager and use it when advertising on Facebook.
I show you how to set up a Facebook Business page in 2020 like a pro. Watch the video tutorial to learn how to create one.
I use both the classic and new Facebook theme to create a Facebook business page and optimize it for the best results possible including SEO.
Besides learning how to set up a professional Facebook page, I will show how to obtain a username and custom URL, how to connect your FB page to Instagram and Whatsapp, and much more.
Whether you’re setting up a brand new Facebook Page for your brand, or you just want to make the most of your existing one, it’s probably a smart move.
Additional Tips for Successful Facebook Ads
“My ads still won’t convert!”
“Why are my ad costs SO high?!”
“Why can’t I just get my ads to work?!?”
I hear this all the time from small business owners and beginner marketers trying to run ad campaigns online.
When you’re trying to sell online, you NEED a formula in your toolkit to count on.
So let me give you that formula:
* Fancy logos, plug-ins on your site, etc. mean nothing if you don’t have your targeting right.
We just covered the ultimate guide to successful Facebook Advertising in 2021, whether you are a beginner or a pro. Before you set up your first Facebook ad campaign and start wasting money, think carefully about what your ultimate goal is: is it conversion or sale? Increase brand awareness or Page Likes?