Millions of Americans rent Uhaul trucks and cars every year to move in or out. Did you know:
- More than 10 million people might move every summer.
- 1 of 5 people moves each year.
- The ordinary man moves 11 times in his/her lifetime.
- 3/4 of movers are “do-it-yourselfers”, meaning they don’t hire a pro.
- 1/3 of everyone in their 20s move around in a year.
- On average, a do-it-yourself move might be accomplished at a very low cost.
- Nearly 45 percent of moves occur between Labor Day and Memorial Day.
Uhaul is a popular service that is widespread across North America and used by many movers. But how does Uhaul really work?
1. Within this review, we present you a powerful search form that you can use to find the cheapest car rental from anywhere in the world fast and easy.
2. You will also have video tutorials showing you how to use Uhaul self-service and also great tips you didn’t know before so you can make the best use of Uhaul, so read until the end!
Let’s go over what you need to know before you book Uhaul trucks in 2020.
Uhaul 2020 Best Review
What exactly is Uhaul?
Launched in the summer of 1945, U-Haul has been serving do-it-yourself movers and their households. Like most other successful ventures, the concept behind U-Haul was generated out of need. There was a widespread demand for do-it-yourself moving equipment.
U-Haul is really just a family-oriented company that values its team members and treats each staff member such as family. The business was launched by a family who wanted to help families move.
Founders: L.S. Sam Shoen and Anna Mary Carty Shoen (spouse ).
Goal: Facilitating the mobility of those populations located in the U.S. and Canada.
Today, the company is among the largest rental companies in the industry including trucks, trucks and towing devices. U-Haul also offers self-storage during the united states.
The business provides and storage boxes of packing supplies to protect customer possessions.
U-Haul could be the most used moving truck rental company in the business.
U-Haul has grown to keep up over 20,000 locations.
The firm has 30,000 workers in the USA and Canada. The corporate headquarters of the company is currently in Phoenix. It rents out about 167,000 trucks to customers.
No matter the size or position of one’s move, U-Haul has what you need.
How does Uhaul Work?
The company rents out cargo vans, pickup trucks, and open trailers to customers interested to move either in or out.
Here are the daily U-Haul rates:
- U-Haul trucks: $40 daily
- U-Haul trailers: $20 per day
- U-Haul towing devices: $20 daily
There are three Kinds of trailers U-Haul provides:
- Car carrier (Available only in some places )
Here is a list of different types and sizes of equipment offered:
- 8-foot pickup truck
- 9-foot cargo van
- 10-foot truck: Ideal for a studio apartment
- 15-foot truck: Ideal for a 2-bedroom apartment
- 17-foot truck: Ideal for a 2-bedroom home
- 20-foot truck: Ideal for a home with 2–3 bedrooms
- 24-foot truck: Best for a home with 3–4 bedrooms
- 26-foot truck: Ideal for a home with 4+ bedrooms
Beware: U-Haul charges another $40 fee to every evening you keep the truck after five days.
Complete Video Tutorial on How to Book Uhaul Trucks using the Self-service
I like this video from Uhaul YouTube Channel as it shows how easy it is to rent a truck either on a mobile phone or laptop using the Truck Share 24/7. Visit their YouTube channel and Subscribe if you like it!
Find the cheapest flights and hotels with this powerful FREE search form!
Video Tutorial on Additional Things to Know about Uhaul
I like this YouTube video as it gives insights we usually don’t take into account before renting Uhaul trucks. Subscribe to their channel if it helps!
Uhaul Reviews (Unbiased)
“Excellent customer service! They do what it takes to earn your business. I can respect that! The BIG plus is that this business HONORS our Veterans!! TWO THUMBS UP!! Thank you Krissy **! (Oregon City) You did a remarkable job getting things back on track! My profound appreciation is extended to Nimsi, Cryssi, Robert ** (shout out to Tyler for his service in assisting in loading my car onto the auto transporter – super!) and finally Trayvon and his staff here in Spokane. Impressive folks! U-HAUL HAS NO COMPETITION!!! Their trucks waste no space”– Rock of Liberty Lake, 5 stars
“U-Haul has failed to refund my money after over charging me $250. I was forced to wait 5 business days before they would action the incorrect refund. Now it has been 15 business days and I was just told that my refund is still not processed. I asked to speak to a manager and it was deflected with no option to look after it. I will pay more in the future to avoid this company at all costs!!!”– Christopher of Invermere, 1 star.
At the end of the day, your experience will be different, so it’s up to you to decide if you want to give it a try!
Customer Service Phone Number, Live Chat & Social Media
Customer Service Phone Number: +1 (800) 468-4285
Uhaul Online/Live Chat: If you want to chat online live with an agent, click HERE. Then click on Chat Now, which opens a dialog window where you will be connected to an agent.
I really like this feature as it makes it easy to connect with the company if the phone line is busy.
Social Media Accounts: If you want to know more about the company or want to reach them, use their social media as well.
Uhaul app on Apple and Google Playstore
To download the Uhaul app:
What are the types of U-Haul Insurances?
U-Haul includes two main types of insurance: Savemofe Plus and Safemove.
Here will be the differences between their two insurances.
Safemove is ostensibly coverage for when someone strikes your truck. It Offers you:
- Damage waiver
- Limited coverage to the things in the Automobile (cargo protection )
- Life coverage for Those in the Automobile
Safemove Plus is Simply the policy for if you were to cause an accident:
- Damage waiver
- Limited policy to the stuff from the Automobile (cargo protection )
- Life policy for the people in the vehicle
- $1,000,000 Liability Coverage
Keep in mind the absolutely no U-Haul insurance covers damages due to “improper packaging, normal shifting of cargo in transit or theft of cargo“. When at fault, U-Haul will most likely win.
Does my car insurance work with my U-Haul?
No, you don’t need to purchase insurance of all kinds to rent a U-Haul.
- Your private Car Insurance policy most likely does not cover damages for rental trucks
- You’re responsible for damages if it’s not your fault, even such as matters like vandalism
- You’re liable to cover U-Haul for”missing rental earnings” as the truck is being repaired, whatever U-Haul deems that cost to be
How do U-Haul gas fees work?
Simply put, you have to bring the trucks back with at least the same amount of gas you rented with.
Make sure that your truck’s tank is full when you simply take it off. Once you pick up your truck, your U-Haul rep might think your tank is full while it’s not, and when you drop it off he can tell you he thought it was full, and charge you more.
So double-check that and record that information.
How do Uhaul Payments Work?
A debit card is required to reserve a truck online (no deposit will be required). If you have a credit card or want to use cash, then you can book the truck in person. In-town rentals require a deposit of $100 or the projected charges.
Making a reservation online demands an American Express, Discover, Mastercard or Visa, but you’re not required to use a charge card when paying for the rental.
Debit cards with a Visa or Mastercard logo may be utilized to rent U-Haul equipment. The overall estimated charges will be due when you pick up the trucks.
How much are U-Haul movers priced?
Movers prices will change dramatically, depending on the number of hours reserved, you need them, and also just how many movers you reserve, whether they are currently doing a load, unload, or both. Prices cost as much as $200 as much as $5,000, and that’s the reason you ought to acquire your own quote.
The way U-Haul’s movers work is they have a network of local relocation helpers that sign up to receive job requests by using their own marketplace.
Just how old would you have to be to rent a U-Haul?
As U-Haul says you need to be :
- 16 years old to rent trailers.
- 18 yrs of age with a legal driver’s permit to rent a truck.
What is Uhaul Cancelation Policy?
You may change or cancel your reservation by obtaining it online at https://www.uhaul.com/Orders/ or by simply telephoning your local U-Haul representative or at your pick up location.
How can I cancel my Uhaul booking?
- Login into your Uhaul online account
- From the”My Orders” box in your dashboard, you may see most of your pending bookings.
- Click on the appropriate rental.
- Click “Cancel Reservation”
Uhaul Truck Rental Competitors
Moving trucks might all seem the same, but renting your automobile out of the right company could make all the difference.
The Top Ten competitors in U-Haul International’s competitive set are:
- Rush Enterprises
- Home Depot
- Penske Truck Rental
After covering the Frequently Asked Questions, let’s summarize the pros and cons of Uhaul and conclude.
Find the Cheapest Rental Cars from the best companies Around you fast & easy with this FREE innovative tool!
Just how do I Locate a U-Haul near me?
Use this location finder to locate a dealer that has exactly what moving supplies you are looking for.
Uhaul Coupon Code 2020
Pros and Cons of Uhaul
- Very convenient to move in or out.
- Affordable rates depending on the truck you are renting
- U-Haul also offers “Safetow” for $5 extra, which means in the event that you require roadside assistance they’ll send someone outside to help.
- Makes reserving on the Web easy
- Offers many different truck sizes
- Equips trucks with non-decks and “EZ-Load” ramps
- Offers shifting trailers in many dimensions
- Trucks have very low Miles per gallon (MPG). So you run out of gas quick.
- No unlimited mileage options.
- Uhaul employers may not hire smokers anymore starting February 1st: The policy will not apply to employees who may smoke or use nicotine in some other way. And the rule won’t apply to job applicants in the majority of states. But it allows an employer to refuse to hire someone based on their cigarette usage, according to the company, and it will execute the policy in the states by February 1.
In most of these states, applicants must consent to submit that information to be considered for employment. The company already had a no-smoking policy.
- The states include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.
- There aren’t any official military, mature, or student discounts at U-Haul. However, it’s up to the discretion of the U-Haul store you are leasing to asking if they offer it.
We’ve just covered important things you need to know about Uhaul rental. Remember it is a very family-oriented company offering to facilitate population movement across the U.S. and Canada.
Today, the large company has 30,000 workers and is present in over 20,000 locations.
With millions of people moving every year, Uhaul is really a popular and great company to use. Safe moving!
Sharing is Caring! Please feel free to share with others if this post helped!
Have you ever used Uhaul? What’s your experience with it? Good or Bad? Leave a comment below.
Bonus Recommendation: Cheapest Car Rental Finder (Powerful Tool)
Find the Cheapest Rental Cars from the best companies Around you fast & easy with this innovative tool!